This service is available in our Barrington, Gilford, Rye and Plaistow locations. Please call to inquire.
Functional Medicine Doctor in Barrington, Rye & Plaistow, NH
Treating symptoms from chronic fatigue, weight gain, diffuse pain, IBS, brain fog, skin issues & more
While conventional medicine treats symptoms, James Tobin, MD offers a personalized treatment plan to examine the underlying cause of disease. This integrative approach is a patient-centered practice, using cutting edge genetic medical testing. With over 25 years of practice in Pain Management, Dr. Tobin combines knowledge of traditional medicine and symptom treatment with a personalized diagnostic approach seeking the root cause of chronic disease.
Personalized Medicine is a systems biology-based approach that focuses on identifying and addressing the root cause of disease. Each symptom or differential diagnosis may be one of many contributing to an individual’s illness.
Here are 5 basic principles that define Personalized Functional Medicine:
1) Personalized Functional Medicine views us all as being different; genetically and biochemically unique. This personalized health care treats the individual, not the disease. It supports the normal healing mechanisms of the body, naturally, rather than attacking disease directly.
2) Personalized Functional Medicine is deeply science based. The latest research shows us that what happens within us is connected in a complicated network or web of relationships. Understanding those relationships allows us to see deep into the functioning of the body.
3) Your body is intelligent and has the capacity for self-regulation, which expresses itself through a dynamic balance of all your body systems.
4) Your body has the ability to heal and prevent nearly all the diseases of aging.
5) Health is not just the absence of disease, but a state of immense vitality.
Here lies the clear distinction and definition of Personalized Functional Medicine: Instead of asking, “What drug matches up with this disease?” Personalized Functional Medicine asks the vital questions that very few conventional doctors ask: “Why do you have this problem in the first place?” and “Why has function been lost?” and “What can we do to restore function?” In other words, Personalized Functional Medicine looks to find the root cause or mechanism involved with any loss of function, which ultimately reveals why a set of symptoms is there in the first place, or why the patient has a particular disease label.
Your body can heal if the causes of chronic inflammatory disease & other imbalances are identified & reduced or eliminated. By investigating your specific situation, we can work with you to improve your health and enjoy your life.